World-renowned education innovators headline two days of learning, collaboration, and networking
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., July 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Course Hero, the award-winning online learning platform, today announced that renowned futurist Dr. Michio Kaku and the cofounder of the world’s first academic social network, Dr. Cathy N. Davidson, will attend and speak at Course Hero’s third annual Education Summit, where they will share their unique perspectives on the future of education.
Course Hero’s Education Summit will take place on July 18 and 19 at the company’s campus in Redwood City and the Pullman San Francisco Bay Hotel. The event will bring together more than 300 educators from across 150 higher education institutions and 40 states.
“Course Hero’s platform is a place where educators can connect with peers, source inspiration for materials such as assessments and syllabi, and see inside the classrooms of some of higher education’s most captivating teachers,” said Andrew Grauer, Course Hero’s cofounder and CEO. “We are thrilled to bring together a diverse group of educators from across the country and have a truly inspiring lineup of speakers for us all to learn from.”
The Course Hero Education Summit is the company’s annual networking event that connects educators—to each other, to the larger teaching and learning community, and to valuable teaching resources.
With programming that includes workshops, presentations, and roundtable discussions focused on innovative pedagogy, the Course Hero Education Summit gives educators more of what they need to help them and their students succeed.
The theme of this year’s gathering is “What Follows? Charting a New Course for Higher Education,” and the Summit programming will focus on highlighting innovative and collaborative approaches to teaching and learning, and on celebrating forward-thinking educators who are passionate about their students’ success.
More than 50 professors will be conducting 55 sessions across 6 thematic tracks throughout these 2 days.
Featured speakers and session leaders include:
- Dr. Michio Kaku, Cofounder of string field theory and Professor of Theoretical Physics at City College of New York – Closing
- Dr. Cathy N. Davidson, author of The New Education and Professor of English at CUNY Graduate Center – Opening
- Dr. Michael Starbird, award-winning author and University Distinguished Teaching Professor of Mathematics at UT Austin
- Dr. Barbara Oakley, creator of one of the world’s most popular online courses and Professor of Engineering at Oakland University
- Dr. Gaye Theresa Johnson, Associate Professor of Social Sciences Divisions, University of California, Los Angeles
- Dr. Benjamin Wiggins, Manager of Instruction of Biology, Education, University of Washington
- Dr. Kelly Richmond Pope, award-winning documentary filmmaker and Associate Professor of Accounting at DePaul University
Selected sessions include:
- Active Learning, Authentic Practice: A Design Roadmap (Course Design Track)
- Beyond Platitudes: Approaching Difficult Conversations in the Classroom (Student Engagement Track)
- Confronting Bias and Fostering Classroom Inclusion (Faculty Development Track)
- ConnectED: A Speed Networking Hour (Extra Credit Track)
- State of the Student: Current Student Learning Behaviors and the Future of Education (Course Hero Track)
- You Too, YouTube: How to Engage Students with Video (Tech in the Classroom Track)
About Course Hero
Course Hero is an online learning platform where members can access over 25 million course-specific study resources contributed by a community of students and educators. The platform includes practice problems, study guides, videos, class notes, and step-by-step explanations to help with every college class—from mathematics to literature, biology to history, accounting to psychology, and everything in between. In addition to accessing these materials, educators can also locate materials such as assessments and syllabi and join a community of their peers. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2018 Technology Fast 500 by Deloitte and named a 2018 Best Place to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
Connect with Course Hero at www.coursehero.com or on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
For more information, contact:
Grayling PR for Course Hero